Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cancelled Rehearsal!

I have had a love hate relationship with every large musical ensemble I have been in since I've started college. 
I always feel so busy and ensembles are always at the most awkward times on day. I don't like to go to the rehearsals at least prior to rehearsal I'm usually fine when I am there and if I am for some reason not in the ensemble i miss it. 
But today orchestra was cancelled for the wind players. I couldn't be more happy.
But instead of being super productive like I had planned this afternoon after my practice i went over to starbucks and used a gift card i won at my cousins baby shower last month and have just been catching up with friends and finding new blogs to read. on my search I across this blog and loved her post on the A-Z of me and decided to do it myself so whoever reads this can know a little more about me:)


A. Age: 22
B. Bed size: Full, finally after 21 years on a twin the extra space is wonderful no more waking up with a cat on my head.
C. Chore that you hate: putting laundry back in the closet, I despise my closet. 
D. Dogs: 2, Charlie my little schnoodle man and Nadia the beautiful pitbull who i have adopted as my own 
E. Essential start to your day: Coffee, every day since I was a baby.
F. Favorite color: Purple.
G. Gold or silver: Gold, looks so good on my skin
H. Height: 5'3"
I. Instruments you play: Oboe ( if you read my blog you should know all about that) Tuba, and Piano ( I'm proficient).
J. Job title: Freelance musician
K. Kids: None. But I have a ton of nieces and nephews, that counts right?
L. Live: Florida
M. Mother's name: MariaElena
N. Nicknames: Bea pronounced Bia Bia, the only nickname that stuck 
O. Overnight hospital stays: None.
P. Pet peeves: Bad manners. 
Q. Quote from a movie: "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti" Silence of the Lambs

R. Right of left handed: Right
S. Siblings: Four brothers and one sister, all older.
T. Time you wake up: 6:45
U. Underwear: skimpy
V. Vegetable you hate: Limabeans, at least I did when i was 10 I was to scared to ever try them again.
W. What makes you run late: The lack of quality clothing in my closet, really lame I'm sorry but nothing ever fits well or goes together and I cant spend 9 hours at school looking like crap. 
X. X-rays you've had: teeth, an MRI on my head, and an x-ray on my chest
Y. Yummy food that you make: gazpacho, ceviche, Salmon:):) 
Z. Zoo animal: Hippos



On a more productive note I have finished my atonal composition for my post tonal class. Well i got through it. It needs more work which is what I should be doing right now. I have to perform it on friday and I'm nervous about it, I have a feeling it might be too tonal. Maybe ill post a midi of it or post the performance. 
I'll let you know.
Also I'm thinking about updating my blog maybe having a standard weekly project i post, maybe ill write a piece every week ( i need to compose more), or paint a picture (I want to learn to paint), or maybe post a video of me playing a piece and gradually show progress or maybe like post me performing a cover in some sort of cute creative video ( i play a mean ukulele). what do you think? 
Alright work time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter