Monday, January 2, 2012

2012!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am so grateful for all the experiences and for all the lessons I have learned this past year.
It is so crazy that around this time last year Chris and I thought we would be trapped overnight in the woods with bears, so glad we met that other oboist and her husband on that trail or we might have.
So many great things have happened this year I gave my first recital, I taught music to children of all ages for eight weeks with only maracas and a ton of made up games, I got engaged to the man of my dreams, competed in my first concerto competition, and learned a full concerto and the entire big G minor Bach Sonata in the same semester. I know there is more but whenever i think back on my year I only remember a few key things because i forget what year things happen in. Anyone else ever feel that way? 
This new year so far hasn't been too adventurous chris and i did venture down a creepy dirt road in the middle of the country by a lake where some of the houses looked like potential murder scenes. But that ended with wings and beer with two of our best friends. 
The best thing about this New Years Eve was seeing so many of the people I love and getting to spend quality time with each of them.

I usually never make any new years resolutions but i have a few goals for this year.
Be patient
Believe in my ideas
Love myself for who I am but always strive to be better
Think positively and always do my best 
Be more independent 
and promote myself more

I hope everyone had an amazing new years celebration and that great things come to you in 2012:)

4 comments:

  1. i really love your header! so simple and chic.

    plus. A+ on your goals.

    nothing feels better than being happy with who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm really excited about my goals it is really a never ending process though.
      Thank you for reading:)

      Delete
  2. i totally do the same thing, in forgetting exactly what year things happen in. as i get older everything is kinda blurring together lol. i don't typically make resolutions either, however i think i have a few goals to start the year off: drink more water, walk my pup more, practice yoga more, and don't forget to be happy & thankful. happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I'm not alone on though, always thought i was too forgetful. I also really like your goals! my poor charles doesn't get walked nearly as much as he deserves but I am also trying to work on it and I've wanted to start yoga for a while but the classes at school never fit my schedule so this year I've started spinning. which is going well since I only feel like I'm going to die while in class but after i feel great:)

      Delete

Site Meter