Monday, January 21, 2013

Music Monday ( Inauguration day)

Hope everyone had a wonderful day whether they had the day off or had to work (my husband had to work today).

Did you watch the inauguration this morning?  I stumbled upon it this morning, just like i did the one four years ago. I don't have a t.v. , which is my reasoning to why I didn't know it was happening, truth is i think I forgot and got lucky.


Four years ago I also stumbled upon the inauguration when I showed up at a friends Rollins dorm in the morning because my class had been cancelled.  I walked in and saw everyone sitting around the t.v, I had never watched an inauguration before and didn't think it was a big deal. forgive me, I was eighteen and just started slightly paying attention to politics, I'm terrible.
But it was really exciting and it still felt very exciting today.
I sat at my kitchen table making reeds and finishing a reed case and took it all in.
I took a picture of those too..


Some of my favorite moments were

1. President Obama's stutter when repeating the oath. The commentary the whole morning was harping on the first inauguration and how Obama had to re-do the oath, and right before he began the oath the commentator said he hoped it went better this year.  It was pretty cute and such an easy word.

2. Richard Blanco's poem. I love that they ask poets to write something new for this event and that the poet gets to read it to the crowd. and i love that poetry is even a part of the presidential inauguration.

3. I love Beyonce, this love goes back to destiny's child and my childhood. I was so glad she was a part of today's festivities.


and this brings me to the point of this music Monday post.
In the playlist is the video of the performance this morning and my favorite beyonce song.




HAPPY MONDAY!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get a chance to watch it, but now everyone is saying that Beyonce was lip-syncing. She is great regardless, however!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter