Thursday, January 31, 2013

Srawberry Vegan bread.

I'm writing this as more oboe cane soaks.
I just finished a two hour block of bringing back the Bach G minor Sonata, 1030b, and I'm tired and hungry.
So tired I already downed 2nd cup of coffee.
I really need to fix everything I'm doing, all my reeds are terrible, which is nothing new, but i just feel like the worst oboe player in the world.
I keep trying to pretend all is well, but I think the stress of auditions is getting to me.
I Love playing infront of people my juries were stress free, recitals had a little stress but i enjoyed them so much, even forums ( playing in front of all my peers) were fun.
There is just something about my future depending on these auditions is terrifying.
I know my future doesn't actually depend on it, Its a performance degree that i don't wont even use in life. But I want to be my best and be accepted and be given money to go to school. and not to mention live in a new city, meet new musicians, and to experience a big move.
But this is unrelated to strawberry bread and I will save my feelings for another post

you will need.
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup pureed strawberries
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice ( I used about a third of a lemon)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • a splash of cranberry juice, to make strawberry blending easier.

    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and in a bowl mix together the dry ingredients. 

    Blend strawberries and a dash of cranberry juice in a blender and add to the dry ingredients. Add the canola oil lemon juice and vanilla and mix every thing together. It will look purple and unappetizing..but don't fret, it will be awesome.


    I divided the batter in two tiny bread pans (makes sharing easier) but you can make a large loaf if you like. Don't forget to grease the pan. I used more canola oil.

    (the cooling bowl of sweet potatoes and spinach is part of the dogs raw diet)


    Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick (or if your me, a butter knife) can be removed cleanly. The finished bread will probably look like this! notice the giant butter knife holes..


    I loved this bread and I've made it twice in two weeks.
    It's super easy to make and pairs perfectly with my morning coffee.

    I also like spread a bit of blueberry preserves on top. It is heavenly, just the perfect amount of sweet.

    Let me know if you try it and tell me what you think! :)

    -Bea

4 comments:

  1. The unknown can be so intimidating. But I know that if a door doesn't open, it's because there is a better one awaiting!

    Ok that probably doesn't help a bit.
    But it's the least I can do! And I'll say a lil prayer for ya :]

    while i make this mouthwatering strawberry bread in my make believe dorm room oven ;]

    thanks for the visit. lovely blog.

    www.simplylovelyxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It helps a lot:) I'm probably just over reacting. I've had a few bad days of rehearsal this month and I think I'm letting it get to me.

    Have you thought of purchasing a little toaster oven? I think you can bake small batches of sweets in them like a couple of cookies or a half loaf of bread. If they are allowed.

    Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks so yummy! I'll have to try this one. I just found your cute blog! I'm a new follower. Hope you'll stop by sometime!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following!
      I hope you like the bread as much as I do:)

      -Bea

      Delete

Site Meter